- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Basic communication skills
- Interest speeches
- Building research skills
- Developing interests in different topics
- Business Pitches
- Persuasive Speeches
- Q/A skills
- Congressional Debate
- Introduction to Advanced research/persuasive skills
- Public policy topics
- "On the Spot" Speeches
- Quick thinking/research skills
- Public Forum Debate
- Quick speech-writing
- Partner debates
How does Speak2Lead work?
- Currently, classes are held for children in grades 4-10. We will be launching programs for other grade levels in the future.
- Each speech cycle, which lasts for 6 weeks, is $60. This money is used to sponsor the S2L Speech & Debate Tournament held at the end of the speech cycle, creating flyers, banners, etc.
- Students attend weekly 1 hour sessions based on the level they are in.
- Sessions are held online via Google Meet; all you need to attend class is a laptop and a good Internet connection!
- An overarching document, called the PAIR doc, provided by Speak2Lead, contains the class schedule, helpful resources, and more.
- Every student presents an individual speech, with feedback from his/her classmates, and the teacher, regarding improvements to their speech, or things they did well!
- S2L Speech & Debate Tournament - every 6th week of the speech cycle, students participate in a either Face To Face or online (based on location restrictions) tournament with peers of their level.
- After the competition, another speech cycle begins, for a new 6 weeks!
- Register for classes by clicking the button below!